This post may contain affiliate links. We are compensated for referring customers to our affiliate partners.
Thanksgiving is over and one thing is for certain: it’s beginning to look a lot like Cat-mas! As the holiday decorations light up the night and the department stores are going for broke to bring you just what everyone needs this season, those of us who love our cats are in search of a few good gifts.
While feeding your cat a top rated cat food sounds like a great gift, it is also essential to a good, healthy life for your beloved kitty. We’ll dive into that subject a bit later. First, let’s see what other ideas abound for good gifts that you can choose for your furry friend this holiday season.
Special Gifts For Your Special Cat
Whether you want to spend a little or a lot is up to you, and where you find these gifts can be anywhere and everywhere on the internet. You might find things that are generic, or brand name, but this list can give you a good head start. Some of the coolest and most chic gifts for your cat are as follows:
- The Yoga Mat Cat Toy
- A Heated, Water Resistant Cat Bed
- A Window Mount Cat Bed
- Catit Design Senses Speed Circuit
- Catnip Joints
- An Automatic Laser Pointer
- Pet Gear Stroller
- Cat Hammock (with wood stand)
- Personalized Cat Food Dish
- Neko Flies Sleeping Bag
- Cosmic Cat Catnip Bubbles
- Cain & Able Moisturizing Paw Rub
- A Cat Condo
- The Turbo Scratcher
- Custom Leather Collars
- An Automatic Water Fountain
- Cat Dreams DVD
- Any Kind of Catnip Toys
For the loved ones on your list who also love cats, a few gifts they deserve include:
- Jumbo Pack of Lint Rollers
- Vans ASPCA Sneakers (covered in cats)
- A Pet Grooming Mitt
- Cat Rings and Earrings by Monty
- Cat Pillowcases
- Big Eyes Cat Umbrella
- Personalized Cat Canvas Tote
Top Rated Treats For The Holidays
When sharing your holiday fare with kitty cat, be sure to avoid giving them any of your chocolate, alcohol, grapes, raisins, or onions. You can share your apples, cooked tuna or chicken, and even small bits of cheese. When it comes to the cat treats, there are plenty of varieties out there to choose from. You certainly can make your own treats by using meat, fish, and eggs, but when it comes to buying them from the store, look for treats that have plenty of real meat and have little to no fillers like corn or wheat. Some of the better brands to consider are:
- Natural Balance Perfect Bites Salmon Formula
- Greenies SmartBites Healthy Skin & Fur Chicken
- Wellness Kittles Chicken & Cranberries
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Grain Free Cat Treats Chicken & Duck
- Royal Canin Hydrolyzed Protein Cat Treats
- Castor & Pollux Organix Cat Treats Organic Chicken
Top Rated Cat Food In A Can
If you feed your cat a dry food most of the time, a top rated cat food in wet or canned form can be a very welcome holiday treat. When choosing a canned variety, there are plenty of brands on the market to choose from. If you don’t feed your cat this type often, you might be tempted to just grab a can from the shelf at your local supermarket. While this isn’t necessarily a bad thing, especially if you don’t plan on feeding it to them regularly, there are some cat food brands that are best left on the shelf.
- Whiskas Tuna Entrée contains BHA and BHT, which are preservatives that have been banned in human foods in many countries due to cancer risks.
- Friskies Gravy Sensations with Chicken contains chicken and liver, but also meat by-products which are considered to be the lowest form of meat that isn’t even approved for human consumption.
The addition of artificial colors and flavors have potential allergy risks and can cause other possible health problems in cats. Sometimes, you can find a diamond in the rough when you do a little research.
- Fancy Feast Flaked Fish & Shrimp can be found on most grocery store shelves and does not contain by-products, artificial colors, or known allergens. Unfortunately, there are many other Fancy Feast flavors that are not so healthy.
- Purina Beyond is a top rated cat food that does not contain by-products, corn, wheat, soy, artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. All varieties are good choices for your cat.
Top Rated Cat Food For Daily Feeding
If you want to give your cat a gift that keeps on giving, consider switching her daily diet to a high quality food that provides plenty of meat and protein goodness without all of the fillers that can cause sensitivity or stomach upset. Choosing between wet or dry food is up to you, but of you choose dry, be sure that you always provide plenty of fresh water for your cat to keep her hydrated and healthy.
The following brands are considered to be top rated cat foods due to their ingredients. Taking a look at the first five ingredients is the best way to know if it will be the best for your cat. The first five ingredients on the cat foods below are considered to be nutritious and high-quality.
- Wysong Optimal Vitality (Dry): Organic Chicken, Chicken Meal, Fish Meal, Turkey Meal, Pea Protein
- EVO 95% Chicken & Turkey (Wet): Chicken, Water Sufficient For Processing, Turkey, Chicken Liver, Fish Oil
- By Nature Adult (Dry): Chicken Meal, Ground Barley, Chicken Fat (Stabilized with Mixed Tocopherols), Chicken, Chicken Livers
- Artemis Fresh Mix Wet Chicken: Chicken, Chicken Broth, Salmon, Brewers Dried Yeast, Guar Gum
- Blue Wilderness Adult Salmon (Dry): Deboned Salmon, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Potato Starch, Peas
High quality cat food is the best gift you can give your beloved pet this holiday season and beyond for many years of good health and a long and happy life.